Puzzletome Home Page Puzzletome
Discuss all aspects of the Puzzletome website

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FatherChristmas
Leave thy vain bibble-babble

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:59 pm    Post subject: Twit Reply with quote

They say wisdom comes with age but I find as I grow older I understand less and less. For example I do not really understand why or even how I set up a twitter account and feel completely deranged at the thought I managed to set up TWO accounts. I vaguely understand how it works but feel its about as pointless as the mobile phone calls I used to hear on the bus. Why do people need to tell their partner/mother/children that they are on the bus? Its not really necessary is it? I think what they are really doing is telling everyone on the bus that they have a mobile phone.
Anyway, ignoring the mobile phone, which I can see is an absolute necessity for anyone walking along the streets,  (I must have been a genius to walk unaided without one attached to my ear for 60 years), back to Twitter. I think I know why its called Twitter as 13 twits are following me. I have never twitted and it seems as stupid and useless as Facepage/Mytube/Yourbook etc.
If anyone would like to explain why I need these things I'd love to hear from you. Please try to be coherent, use correct spelling for your country of residence at least and include your reasoning why you bothered as I do not know you.
If you think posting here reflects any need on my part, very few of you really know who I am and what my values are and what sort of twit I really am. Not particularly needy though. But you are reading this. Why? Just because "data" can be spread over the world wide interweb thing, it doesnt mean it has to be.FC
PS Jeremy Clarkson has upset some people. If you know who he is, think about 1 truth 2 reality 3 strikers
1 he did not mean it. It was politically incorrect to say it obviously just like most comedians who make o living out of political incorrectness.
2 It makes no difference at all to the arguments surrounding the strikes.
3 Dont ask me my opinion as I know full well there are pros and cons and details which would go over the head of most of us, but are both costly and emotive.
But if you think Jeremy Clarkson is an authority on anything at all, (bar self publicity) I suggest you seek help. He is an entertainer. He probably tweets but I cannot confirm that as I cannot be bothered to check.
Stretham
Forum Hardass

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hear, hear FC, on both subjects. I too have never really seen the point of Twitter. As for Mr Clarkson, I think his views on politics, the environment, etc are dreadful. Yet I find him one of the funniest people on telly and would happily go to the pub for a drink with him.

Stretham

P.S. I hope that the pressure of the upcoming festive period and the thought of all those deliveries to ungrateful children is not getting too much, causing the above rant... Surprised
breezycollie
Drunkenness is thy best virtue

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The simple answer is you don't need these things, and as it is not compulsory you could easily get rid of your twitter account. I don't tweet as very few people are interested in the ramblings of a collie but I do follow a few people on my twitter account. As a lover of cricket I find it interesting to read the comments of Aggers and Swanny and as a follower of F1 both Kovalainen and mercedes grand prix provide information..not forgetting fergieweather who gives an idea of what the weather at the circuits is likely to be. As for Clarkson..well he is a twit.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: