Puzzletome Home Page Puzzletome
Discuss all aspects of the Puzzletome website

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

View previous topic :: View next topic  
iob
Thou damned and luxurious mountain goat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 4:15 pm    Post subject: some suggestions Reply with quote

not sure how feasible they would be:

1. when viewing a solved puzzle add a link to a description of the method between the prev and next links, or just make the answer itself a link. this would add to the work involved in making a set of puzzles but you must already have this in one form or another and sometimes it would be nice to see if you understood everything correctly.

2. in the hall of fame show the position and date/time the last puzzle was solved like the leaderboard. alternatively show the elapsed time (eg days, hours) from when the contest went live. at the moment it doesn't seem to be in any kind of order.

3. and also start the positions on the leaderboard from 1 plus the number of people who have completed the contest (maybe this is going too far).

4. for new contests a little more advance notice, say about a week? the alphabet quiz was live before we knew there was another one coming.
Mario 64 Master
Thy mother's name is ominous to children

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd thought about number 3, it seems to make more sense that way.

Like if 55 people finished the contest already for example, the leaderboard can just show numbers 56-105.
Stretham
Forum Hardass

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: some suggestions Reply with quote

iob wrote:
not sure how feasible they would be:

1. This is a very interesting idea that we'd never even considered. Even if it didn't take the form you've suggested, we could have a separate set of links based on which ones each player has solved. I'll give it some more thought, but it's possible we could have something like that for PT2.

2. All the stats pages have sort of grown since they've were started, and are possibly a little haphazard in some ways. I think we might do some tidying up at some point. We have in the pipeline a fairly major rewrite of alot of the software (athough things shouldn't change too much for you) and this would form part of that. The exact change you've suggested is here is certainly included.

3. Absolutely right. I should really have done it like that in the first place. I'll take a look at making that change.

4. Yes, the Alphabet Set was a fairly last minute decision (we wanted to squeeze it in before PD3). Normally we would try and get more notice to you, and we'll make sure we do in the future.

Stretham
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: