Puzzletome Home Page Puzzletome
Discuss all aspects of the Puzzletome website

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xyphic
Forum git

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:34 am    Post subject: Defer Reply with quote

I'm just wondering if anyone uses this feature and would be willing to give a bit of feedback about it?

If you don't know what it does: when you register for a Puzzletome contest, you are then able to see the associated forum for that contest. The contest is also added to the list of registered contests on the content page. Defer is there so that you can select which contests you are interested in seeing at the current time. If you defer from a contest, you will no longer be able to see the associated forum, and the contest will be moved to a separate list. This way you can have a shortlist of contests in which you are currently interested. Note that deferring does *not* remove any of your progress, it's just a way of tidying up the forum and the content page.

Do you use this feature at the moment? Would you use it in future when there are lots of contests? Do you have any ideas on how to improve this or any of the other features of the content page?
SparkPlug
Because I can

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never used it !

I had sort of gathered that it removed the contest from your list of active ones, but didn't realise that it hid the relevant forum also.

It sounds like it is an excellent feature, and I am certain that, in the future, I will use this to "tidy" (restrict) what I see. At the moment - given the total number of contests - there is no need.

Perhaps all that is needed is a short note on the relevant page to explain what it does.
Strife777
Thou whoreson cullionly barbermonger

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't realize thats what it did earlier...kind've neat actually. Probably would hide Contest 1 when Contest 2 would come out....Now, any way to make your currently "active" contest the top forum? Thumbs up
xyphic
Forum git

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strife777 wrote:
Now, any way to make your currently "active" contest the top forum? Thumbs up

Unfortunately not. Sad The forum order is not a per-user setting, and it would take an awful lot of hacking of the forum to be able to do that.
anangelinurpocket
Is thy name Mouldy?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have used it but didnt realise it hid the appropriate forum lol .. I guess it shows how much notice I take lol Surprised

"scary thought for the day - those voices in your head come to me for advice - be afraid"
thought for the day "Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference. "
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: