Puzzletome Home Page Puzzletome
Discuss all aspects of the Puzzletome website

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stretham
Forum Hardass

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 1:50 pm    Post subject: What's Happening Reply with quote

All

To most people it will seem like not much is happening on this forum. However, you can probably tell from my post count that in reality it is, just in hidden forums. I notice that most of you call back every now and then (we see everything from admin!) so I thought I'd give you an update.

1. Most of the effort has been spent playtesting riddles. We have a very nice contest or two lined up for you, hopefully with something for everyone.
2. The site functionality is being done, albeit a bit slowly at the moment (mostly due to the playtesting). We know pretty much what it will be able to do, it's just a matter of getting round to finishing it off.
3. The actual appearance of the site is going a bit slower. Neither I nor Xyphic is in any way a web designer, and so at the moment things would look a bit crude. If anyone has any expertise they are willing to share it would be most gratefully received. In fact any input at all is very welcome. Just tell us what you would like to see.
4. Timewise, at the moment we're looking at sometime in November before things are working. I suspect that having a set of riddles ready will be no problem, that having the functionality ready will be OK at a push, and that the actual look could be a bit rough. The latter is something that *could* be changed later without affecting the operation of the site. It would be nice to get it right at first though.

Stretham
murphyz
Thy mother's name is ominous to children

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any news on a release date yet?

Mxx
Stretham
Forum Hardass

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

murphyz wrote:
Any news on a release date yet?

What it transpires we are good at: Making the time to sit down and create new, original, exciting, fiendish, eye catching puzzles. We're so good at that, we probably have about 3 contests worth of stuff.

What it transpires we are bad at: Making the time to sit down and write the code for the site itself. It's not that we can't do it, just that this part is the 'chore' part. In actual fact we have something that works and we are very close to ironing out the missing/broken bits. And in an ideal world I would be announcing the start date to be in the next few days. However, Christmas has gone and got in the way just when we were in full flow. Therefore, realistically, at the moment we are looking at a couple of weeks into January. I honestly believe it will be worth the wait though.

Stretham
murphyz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear ya. I spent yesterday writing code and not getting very far. So it transpires that it's something I am also not good at, but also what I can't do - my enthusiasm makes up for lack of knowledge though.

Stupid php Sad

Mxx
ckmcheetah
Lets meet as little as we can

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any progress with setup X&S?
Stretham
Forum Hardass

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ckmcheetah wrote:
Any progress with setup X&S?

We are getting there, albeit slowly. I'm afraid it's a matter of patience, but if you bear with us it will be worth it. Thumbs up

Stretham
Rebecca
Thou whoreson cullionly barbermonger

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stretham wrote:

What it transpires we are bad at: Making the time to sit down and write the code for the site itself. It's not that we can't do it, just that this part is the 'chore' part. In actual fact we have something that works and we are very close to ironing out the missing/broken bits. And in an ideal world I would be announcing the start date to be in the next few days. However, Christmas has gone and got in the way just when we were in full flow. Therefore, realistically, at the moment we are looking at a couple of weeks into January. I honestly believe it will be worth the wait though.

Stretham

I know the feeling. It can frustrate the hell out of you. Can't wait though for your unveiling.

BTW if you guys want to advertise at www.hadtoplayon.com just drop me a line.
murphyz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what folder you're now working from, but I can't get access to it because I don't have a username and password set up for it.

Darn.

This tells us that your security is so far working well, and that I can't hack to save my life. Very Happy

Mxx
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: