Puzzletome Home Page Puzzletome
Discuss all aspects of the Puzzletome website

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stozz
Pernicious and indubitate beggar

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:22 am    Post subject: Derby Rotaract 2007 Christmas Quiz Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

Most of you probably do not know that I am heavily involved in a social and fundraising organisation called Rotaract (http://www.derbyrotaract.org.uk). For those interested, it is basically an affiliate of Rotary and is intended for younger members (roughly 18-30 but those limits are not fixed). There are some impressive statistics associated with it, such as over 8,000 Rotaract clubs in over 150 countries around the world.

Every year for the past five years, Derby Rotaract has produced a Christmas handout quiz and distributed copies by hand for the princely sum of one pound each, with proceeds going towards the charity of choice. This year is no difference, and the charity is currently the County Air Ambulance (http://www.countyairambulance.com).

There are no intellectual property rights associated with this quiz, and so I encourage as many people as possible to download a copy and do with it as you see fit. Hopefully that will involve you sending the quiz back to the specific address together with a cheque for GBP1 made payable to "Derby Rotaract". You may have already guessed correctly that the quiz this year has been put together by yours truly!

The quiz will be made available on December 1st, around midday GMT, and I will post the link here. The closing date for entries is January 1st 2008, but please allow plenty of time for things like Royal Mail postal strikes!

Thanks,
Jon
teacher611
Pestilent congregation of vapours

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon, it would help things if you could start a paypal account for this. Any chance of that happening?
The Hirsute One
Hairy but harmless

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if you'd be able to squeeze the quiz answers down the interweb thingy though. However, Jon is welcome to use my PayPal account if he doesn't have one set up (bearing in mind the charge for receiving payments).
teacher611
Pestilent congregation of vapours

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Derby Rotaract 2007 Christmas Quiz Reply with quote

stozz wrote:
so I encourage as many people as possible to download a copy and do with it as you see fit.

I was referring to this statement so, hopefully, it can be emailed to him if it gets completed. Smile

Anyway, it was just a thought! Razz
stozz
Pernicious and indubitate beggar

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello again,

Slightly later than scheduled (due to ftp access of the site going down - thanks to Chris for letting me use the HTPO server), but here is the link to the quiz:

Download your xmas quiz here!

Important points to note:

1. Please download, print out, fill in and post the quiz to the address specified in the quiz;

2. Please enclose a cheque for £1 (one English pound) made payable to "Derby Rotaract";

3. Even if you don't think you've got full marks, or don't think you've done that well, please send in your answers anyway - for every person that's too proud to send in answers unless they've know they've got full marks, £1 less goes to charity.

4. As stated in the quiz, the deadline for entries is January 1st. The entries will be marked at the January business meeting and the winner (and answer) will be posted on the website soon afterwards.

5. Enjoy!

Jon

Derby Rotaract website
County Air Ambulance website
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: