Puzzletome Home Page Puzzletome
Discuss all aspects of the Puzzletome website

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stretham
Forum Hardass

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:49 am    Post subject: Site Upgrade Reply with quote

In response to the feedback we have received from our crossword fans, we are pleased to announce a major upgrade to the Puzzletome crossword site to be released on Saturday November 28th.

Just some of the enhancements include:
- If you have Javascript enabled in your browser, all crosswords will be accessible in interactive mode allowing you to complete them at your computer.
- With cookies enabled you will be able to save and reload each of the puzzles.
- For puzzles where the solution has been released, you will be to get hints for just part of the puzzle, allowing you to complete the bulk of it yourself.
- There will be a print friendly view for all the puzzles.
- You will be able to submit your entry to the prize crossword online without having to type out long emails or scan images.

Stretham
Stretham
Forum Hardass

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our new interactive site is now available for you all to enjoy! The location is the same as before:

http://www.puzzletome.com/crossword/

I believe that this is as good as any interactive crossword site available on the web. However, that is only my opinion so please do let us know what you think of it and whether you have any suggestions. But if you agree with me then spread the word! Smile

I would also like to take this opportunity to mention that I am personally indebted to SparkPlug for the enormous amount of work he has put into the upgrade. Thumbs up

Stretham
Stretham
Forum Hardass

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All

Following your feedback, we have made some modifications to the interactive features of the crossword site. These are as follows:

1. Word highlighting: The complete word that you are currently entering is highlighted. As this indicates the direction of entry, the cursor now remains red instead of switching between red and green for down/across.

2. Enter key: The 'Enter' key now toggles between 'across' and 'down' in addition to the space bar.

3. Show word: For crosswords where the solution is available, there is now a 'show word' feature added. The 'show letter' feature is still in place.

4. Clue display: There is now a button ('All Clues' / 'Single Clues') enabling you to toggle between showing all of the clues simultaneously or just the ones crossing the currently highlighted cell. Note that this will default to 'Single Clues' since that was always our intended interface, allowing the whole grid and clue area to be visible on a relatively small screen without scrolling.

5. Submit form: Finally, a minor change has been made to the submit form. Previously, if your email address was auto-completed by your browser, it was possible for the submit button not to become active until further text was entered to the 'additional info' box. This is now fixed.

As before, please tell us your thoughts on the interface and let us know if there is anything that you think would improve it.

Stretham
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: