Puzzletome Home Page Puzzletome
Discuss all aspects of the Puzzletome website

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Medrall
O ho monster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:41 pm    Post subject: AEnigma Puzzles Reply with quote

Hello

I'd like to introduce to this community a riddle/puzzle web game I have created last December named AEnigma that I just started to advertise on a few forums and gaming communities.

This is a web-based game which will need all your powers of deduction, logic and research ability. The main tools you will need to play AEnigma is a web search engine like google and your brain of course as you will often need to think outside the box. You need to have javascript enabled in your browser options as most of the game uses javascript to run. Quicktime plugin and java is also needed on some pages.
Each puzzle has quite a few steps on a specific theme to unravel before you can have your name engraved on the AEnigma hall of fame. If you like a bit of challenge, I especially recommend playing the game after a new puzzle is released as the difficulty level for that new puzzle will be much higher for the first week and your name will then be engraved in gold on the HOF.

Hope to meet some of you at: http://www.aenigma-riddles.com

Please don't post any solution/helper if you decide to try the game. It would just spoil the fun for others and diminish the hard work those who have completed it alone have achieved.

Med

Last edited by Medrall on Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:44 pm; edited 3 times in total
The Hirsute One
Hairy but harmless

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting...
Medrall
O ho monster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx a lot for your interest and letting me share AEnigma on this forum Smile
Don't hesitate to PM me if you are stuck somewhere.
There are 4 sets of puzzles atm and I plan to add one more set every month.
Each puzzle has 5 steps (launch question + 4 pages). Some are riddles, some are just out of the box thinking, some are just some research to do on the net. Majority of them require the use of a web search tool such as google. Looking at the html page sources is also needed from Puzzle 2 serie.
Medrall
O ho monster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, THO and Bethfay finished the whole 4 sets yesterday. Wonderful work.

EDIT: testing puzzle 6 hunt race:
Wfildj reu jvrity

Last edited by Medrall on Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Medrall
O ho monster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Puzzle 5 pre-start will go live on Thursday Feb. 4th at 8PM GMT.

As for puzzle 2, the question that will launch puzzle 5 will need to be unlocked first. To "unlock" puzzle 5, you will need to guess what the question to launch that puzzle is and post it in the Puzzle 5 launch thread in the AEnigma private forum (easier to centralize everything from there as players come from different gaming forums). Anyone who has completed at least one puzzle can be invited into the private AEnigma group (red group) over there and have a shot at this.
Medrall
O ho monster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some important informations for tomorrow puzzle 5 pre-start.

Puzzle 5 has also a video in quicktime format like for puzzle 3. You can download quicktime and plugins here: http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/
And you will also need to install java for that puzzle. Java can be downloaded here: http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

For those of you who haven't been at a AEnigma puzzle start before, I must warn you that the first week (golden week) can be very frustrating as I don't give much hints. I really ask everyone not to help each other please so that those who manage to finish it during the first week on their own and have their name in gold get a real true sense of accomplishment.
After that week is over, puzzle 5 will become like the other puzzles. I will add some more hints in the source if needed, will give hints by PM if requested and you will be able to check words individually again (not being able to do that is a real pain during the golden period).
So if you give up during the golden period, please come back after it is over and give it one more try. It won't be more difficult than previous puzzles then and you will maybe have more chance to paint your name in gold with later puzzles Smile
Medrall
O ho monster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Puzzle 5 is now live for those who finished all the previous riddles Smile
Medrall
O ho monster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Puzzle 6 golden period will start on March 2nd at 8PM GMT. The theme this time will be about myths and legends.
The puzzle will be launched through a kind of forum treasure hunt game where the treasure will be the question which launches the puzzle. The first player or team who PM me the question will get the little * * on his/her name on the HOF.

For those of you who are still stuck on one of the previous puzzles, don't hesitate to PM me through the AEnigma forum. I'll give you some extra hints to help you in your progression.

Rules during puzzle 6 golden period:
Very few clues will be given during the golden period as usual and no more Kakashi thumb up during that time either.
The golden period will now end 48 hours after the puzzle is first cracked by a player not in a team. Anyone completing the puzzle during that time will have his/her name in gold. No one should help any other players (outside their team if they have one) during that period. After the golden period is over, I will add more hints and the ability to check words individually again.

Who can participate:
Anyone wanting to play puzzle 6 golden period will need to have first solved all 5 previous AEnigma puzzles, then to be registered on AEnigma forums and finally they will need to PM Medrall to ask him to be moved to the hidden puzzle 6 group as they will receive their first hint for the treasure hunt through a PM sent only to the members of that group. That way, it will also be easier to inform every player immediately when an update has been made in the puzzle (i.e. if one riddle had a bug etc).
Teams of players are welcome but they should send the list of their team mate(s) to Medrall in the PM. Team players will have a (T) with a number next to their name on the HOF during the golden period.
Medrall
O ho monster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Puzzle 6 is now live for those who finished all previous puzzles.
Medrall
O ho monster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Puzzle 6 golden period is now over.
Thx so much to all that participated in that event. I hope you had fun  Smile

I just have added more hints to the puzzle 6 pages and you can now check on words individually again. You can also ask for help and extra hints on AEnigma like for the other puzzles.

Thank you so much for having respecting the golden period rules even if it is quite frustrating. But that's what makes the event special I think.

Med
Medrall
O ho monster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Puzzle 7 golden period will start on May 11 at 8PM GMT.

The puzzle will be launched through a hangman kind of game like for puzzle 5 where you will need to guess the question to start the puzzle. The first 3 player or team who PM me the question will get the little * *  on their name on the HOF.

For those of you who are still stuck in one of the previous puzzles, don't hesitate to PM me through the AEnigma forum. I'll give you some extra hints to help you in your progression.

Rules during puzzle 7 golden period:
Very little clues will be given during the golden period as usual and no more Kakashi thumb up during that time either.
The golden period will end 48 hours after the puzzle is first cracked by a player. Anyone completing the puzzle during that time will have his/her name in gold. No one should help any other players (outside their team if they have one) during that period. After the golden period is over, I will add more hints and the ability to check words individually again.

Who can participate:
Anyone wanting to play puzzle 7 golden period will need first, to have solved all the first 5 AEnigma puzzles and have registered on AEnigma forums. You don't need to have completed puzzle 6 to play puzzle 7.

Teams of players are welcome but they should PM Medrall the list of their team mate(s). Team players will have a (T) with a number next to their name on the HOF during the golden period.
Medrall
O ho monster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After sleeping for almost 2 years AEnigma is back online for those who want to give it a shot. It was a lot of work to update all the links as I didn't renew and lost the aenigma-puzzle.net name in 2010. It is now on aenigma-riddles.com
Not sure when or if I'll make more puzzles but you can play all the old ones once again
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: