Puzzletome Home Page Puzzletome
Discuss all aspects of the Puzzletome website

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Creo
Soft and dull eyed fool

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Site very slow Reply with quote

Not a complaint at all as I realise this is a self financing site done for the love of it, but in case the owners and admins hadnt realised, the site puzzles are running very slowly. Occassionally I get a fast response for a few minutes, but normally its between 5 and 10 seconds per response from pressing submit to receiving a response. I have been mainly playing the Say What riddles, and a few of the other contests such as Halloween, Around the World in 80, Movie Premiere. They all show the same slow response.

The forum seems fine. Its just the contests.
Stretham
Forum Hardass

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this might be an anomaly caused by individual connection speeds. For instance, I have just gone through a few puzzles in the Say What Movie contest and each page is loading for me in 1-2 seconds. Certainly some puzzles will take slightly longer to load due to their content, and in general the forum will be quick because it is mostly text based (albeit with a fair amount of database lookup). Also if you are located outside the UK (which is where our server is based) then this might introduce delays.

What I can say is there shouldn't be any inherent difference between forum and contests since everything resides on and is accessed from the same server.

Is this a 'just today' thing for you or has it always been the case?

Stretham
Creo
Soft and dull eyed fool

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in the UK, and on a 10 meg Virgin fibre link. Speeds on my net browsing are good. I've been on the Puzzletome site for a week or so and at first it was lightning quick, pretty much instant response, but last 3-4 days I have been experiencing these slow response times, rest of my net browsing is fine. Pccassionally the site is as fast as it ever was, but then will slow again.

I cant see that the content would cause this as the pages are tiny. I suspect more likely its a database thing.

Whatever, am enjoying the site and puzzles, just thought I oughta to mention that I have experienced these slow downs.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: