Puzzletome Home Page Puzzletome
Discuss all aspects of the Puzzletome website

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xyphic
Forum git

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 9:55 pm    Post subject: Forgotten to do your homework? Reply with quote

Well, salvation is at hand!

http://radioworldwide.gospelcom.net/essaygenerator/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tah
O ho monster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. Though I'm not sure even one of my high school teachers would have been fooled by it. Wink

Quote:
An essay on "Weird Al" Yankovic
While many learned professors have abandoned hope of ever discovering the truth behind "Weird Al" Yankovic, I for one feel that it is still a worthy cause for examination. Underestimate "Weird Al" Yankovic at your peril. While it is becoming a hot topic for debate, it is important to remember that ‘what goes up must come down.’ Inevitably "Weird Al" Yankovic is often misunderstood by those politicaly minded individuals living in the past, many of whom blame the influence of television. With the primary aim of demonstrating my considerable intellect I will now demonstrate the complexity of the many faceted issue that is "Weird Al" Yankovic.

Social Factors

While some scholars have claimed that there is no such thing as society, this is rubbish. The immortal and indispensable phrase ‘honesty is the best policy’ [1], contrary to my learned colleague Sir George Allen’s recent publication ‘Into the eye of "Weird Al" Yankovic’, could not have been referring to eighteenth century beliefs regarding society. While the western world use a knife and fork, the Chinese use chopsticks. Of course "Weird Al" Yankovic demonstrates a coherent approach, something so lacking in our culture, that it is not recognised by all.

Special care must be taken when analysing such a delicate subject. On the other hand anyone that disagrees with me is an idiot. It is intrinsically linked to adolescent inner acclimatisation.

Economic Factors

Is unemployment inherently bad for an economy? Yes. We will primarily be focusing on the JTB-Guide-Dog model, a classic economic system of analysis.

[Insert graph here with "Oil Prices" up the side and "'Weird Al' Yankovic" across the bottom.]

There is no longer a need to argue the importance of "Weird Al" Yankovic, it is clear to see that the results speak for themselves. The question which surfaces now is, how? Obviously oil prices, ultimately decided by politicians, will always be heavily influenced by "Weird Al" Yankovic due to its consistently high profile in the portfolio of investors. A sharp down turn in middle class investment may lead to changes in the market.

Political Factors

Posturing as concerned patriarchs, many politicians guide the electorate herd to the inevitable cattle shed of 'equal opportunity.' Comparing "Weird Al" Yankovic and much of what has been written of it can be like comparing the vote of the man in the street with that of one more accustomed to "Weird Al" Yankovic.

Take a moment to consider the words of the uncompromising Demetrius Shandy 'People in glass houses shouldn't through parties.' [2] I couldn't have put it better my self. When it comes to "Weird Al" Yankovic this is clearly true. To paraphrase, the quote is saying '"Weird Al" Yankovic wins votes.' Simple as that.

One of the great ironies of this age is "Weird Al" Yankovic. Isn't it ironic, don't you think?
Conclusion

How much responsibility lies with "Weird Al" Yankovic? We can say that "Weird Al" Yankovic deserves all of the attention it gets. It enlightens our daily lives, puts out 'fires', and always chips in.

The final say goes to the award winning Mariah Garfunkel: '"Weird Al" Yankovic is the new rock and roll! And the new opera!' [3]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[1] Traditional - possibly first said by King Arthor... but probably not.

[2] Shandy - Ice Cold - 1994 Pitter Patter Publishing

[3] My "Weird Al" Yankovic! - Issue 4 - BFG Publishing

Forge
O ho monster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm, might not help with the uni assignments..... Confused nice try though Razz
chimpa
O ho monster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one question: How come I'm still "O ho monster"?!

Razz Heh heh... Thumbs up
chimpa
O ho monster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, that was a stupid question - that one post put me over into the new level. Feeling very silly now... Embarassed
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: