Puzzletome Home Page Puzzletome
Discuss all aspects of the Puzzletome website
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Post new topic   Reply to topic Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Whatever
Thou damned and luxurious mountain goat


Joined: 28 Jan 2004
Posts: 52

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 1:09 am    Post subject: Stats suggestion Reply with quote

Any chance of a longer list (e.g. top 50) for the leaderboard?

It's pretty much all clogged up with just 2 teams, and it would be nice to see the spread out there...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ASA
Thou craven dread-bolted clotpole


Joined: 03 Feb 2004
Posts: 5181
Location: Adelaide, Australia

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about the first 500?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Stretham
Forum Hardass


Joined: 15 Sep 2003
Posts: 19344
Location: Here, there, somewhere, everywhere

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leaderboard now shows up to 50 (I thought 500 perhaps just a little excessive Smile ).

Stretham
_________________
Is sloppiness in speech caused by ignorance or apathy?
I don't know and I don't care!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Whatever
Thou damned and luxurious mountain goat


Joined: 28 Jan 2004
Posts: 52

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stretham wrote:
Leaderboard now shows up to 50 (I thought 500 perhaps just a little excessive Smile ).

Stretham


Thank you. Thumbs up
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ASA
Thou craven dread-bolted clotpole


Joined: 03 Feb 2004
Posts: 5181
Location: Adelaide, Australia

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that the puzzle has been conquered, could it be possible to just show the top fifty of those still competing, possibly there could be another honour board showing everyone that has finished.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Stretham
Forum Hardass


Joined: 15 Sep 2003
Posts: 19344
Location: Here, there, somewhere, everywhere

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ASA wrote:
Now that the puzzle has been conquered, could it be possible to just show the top fifty of those still competing, possibly there could be another honour board showing everyone that has finished.

That's a good idea. I'll do some thinking about how best to implement it.

Stretham
_________________
Is sloppiness in speech caused by ignorance or apathy?
I don't know and I don't care!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Stretham
Forum Hardass


Joined: 15 Sep 2003
Posts: 19344
Location: Here, there, somewhere, everywhere

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The above suggestion is now in place. This means that quite a few different people will now have their name on the leaderboard. There is a link to a list of people who've completed at the top of the page. Opinions as to whether this is a good change are welcomed BTW.

Stretham
_________________
Is sloppiness in speech caused by ignorance or apathy?
I don't know and I don't care!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Titanium22
your chamber lye breeds fleas


Joined: 14 Sep 2003
Posts: 12253

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stretham wrote:
The above suggestion is now in place. This means that quite a few different people will now have their name on the leaderboard. There is a link to a list of people who've completed at the top of the page. Opinions as to whether this is a good change are welcomed BTW.

Looks good to me. Thumbs up

A couple of small suggestions, though. "Highlighted players have completed the contest" is no longer applicable, and perhaps there could be a note at the top along the lines of "active players in the contest" or "players approaching the winning post".


T22
_________________
Puzzletome - for serious riddlers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Stretham
Forum Hardass


Joined: 15 Sep 2003
Posts: 19344
Location: Here, there, somewhere, everywhere

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titanium22 wrote:
A couple of small suggestions, though. "Highlighted players have completed the contest" is no longer applicable, and perhaps there could be a note at the top along the lines of "active players in the contest" or "players approaching the winning post".

Well spotted. Now fixed.

Stretham
_________________
Is sloppiness in speech caused by ignorance or apathy?
I don't know and I don't care!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
chantilly
Pernicious and indubitate beggar


Joined: 16 Sep 2003
Posts: 380
Location: UK

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks a lot better Smile While you're at it, how about a link in the LH menu leading direct to the leaderboard rather than having to go through 'Your Stats'?
_________________
----oOo----

Never Give Up - Keep On Playing
http://www.hadtoplayon.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
emmylou69
Thy mothers name is ominous to children


Joined: 03 Feb 2004
Posts: 36
Location: Norwich, Norfolk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just one small point, I noticed on the new bit (The 'these players have completed the contest' bit) that at least one person who finished after me is above me on the board and one that finished before me is after me on the board.

Is it just a list now or is it supposed to be chronological?

Doesn't bother me but other people may be miffed that they are lower down the list than they thought?

Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Stretham
Forum Hardass


Joined: 15 Sep 2003
Posts: 19344
Location: Here, there, somewhere, everywhere

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emmylou69 wrote:
Just one small point, I noticed on the new bit (The 'these players have completed the contest' bit) that at least one person who finished after me is above me on the board and one that finished before me is after me on the board.

Is it just a list now or is it supposed to be chronological?

Doesn't bother me but other people may be miffed that they are lower down the list than they thought?

It is just a list, it's how it comes out of the database, which is probably (I'd have to check) sorted by something like the order people joined the forum. If it's a big issue I could probably do something about it.

Stretham
_________________
Is sloppiness in speech caused by ignorance or apathy?
I don't know and I don't care!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
chantilly
Pernicious and indubitate beggar


Joined: 16 Sep 2003
Posts: 380
Location: UK

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stretham wrote:
If it's a big issue I could probably do something about it.


I'm not complaining Very Happy Wink
_________________
----oOo----

Never Give Up - Keep On Playing
http://www.hadtoplayon.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
SparkPlug
Because I can


Joined: 30 Jan 2004
Posts: 11710
Location: Here!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a thought.

Have just looked at the PT1 leaderboard, which is now largely filled with (well, let's call them) "inactive" members.

Is it possible to get the leaderboard to only show the names of people who last solved a puzzle in, say, the last 2-3 weeks.

That way, people who are still actively working their way through a contest get a truer picture of how they are faring.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Titanium22
your chamber lye breeds fleas


Joined: 14 Sep 2003
Posts: 12253

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SparkPlug wrote:
Is it possible to get the leaderboard to only show the names of people who last solved a puzzle in, say, the last 2-3 weeks.

That way, people who are still actively working their way through a contest get a truer picture of how they are faring.

It may be possible - we'll certainly have a look at it and let you know. It's unlikely that anything can be done in the next few days, though.


T22
_________________
Puzzletome - for serious riddlers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group